SIT50307 Diploma of Hospitality - International
- CRICOS Code:
* where all required units as per the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) are successfully completed
- Diploma of Hospitality (SIT50307)
What will I get out of this program?
With a considerable restructure, the Diploma program now provides a more comprehensive course, and is offered in a new format in response to the demands of industry and students.
This program provides a flexible career pathway to develop supervision and management abilities building on basic grounding skills in a range of hospitality areas including :
- barista skills
- food service
- human resource skills in the ability to lead and manage people
- supervisory and management strategies
- marketing and promotional materials
- ability to design, implement, monitor and evaluate an effective budget
- gaming skills
- business networking approaches
- operational and project planning
- ability to conceive and design business documentation.
What job opportunities will I have?
The Diploma provides a flexible career pathway to develop supervision and management skills associated with quality assurance and best practice.
After acquiring the appropriate experience, vocational outcomes include operational and supervisory positions such as functions or catering supervisor, food and beverage supervisor, restaurant supervisor, purchasing officer, accounts clerk, guest service agent, bar or bistro supervisor, or shift supervisor.
Do I need to have prior knowledge or work experience?
Year 12 or equivalent; or mature age entry; English level IELTS 5.5 (with no individual score under 5.0) or equivalent.
What can I study after this?
For those seeking to advance their career and undertake supervisory duties, through further study the Diploma of Hospitality can serve as a pathway to university.
What study options do I have?
At this time, we do not have any study options available. Please contact 131 248 for the most current information.
Information correct as at 24 July 2013.